Sunday, October 12, 2008

A litle Bit Country, A Little Bit Rock-and-Roll


View From Astoria Park

So, I am from a small farming town in Idaho. I now live in Manhattan.
I really feel like I have the best of both worlds- I live in a city where I can find huge amounts of culure, arts, diversity, intellect, etc... however, with this also comes grime, crowds, smells, and obscene rent costs.
The good news is, when I am sick of the tourists and subway, I can go home to Idaho.
While going home provides a well needed escape, it is not really a practicality. The cost of flying, the time committment, missing work etc... means I have to plan well in advance for any get-away.
I am SO excited that my bestie Carlos and his husband Joe have made an offer on a house in Astoria, Queens. Astoria is right across the river from Manhattan and just a quick bus ride from my house. This new house will have a guest room, garage, back yard, and (if my wish goes forward) a hottub!!!
Congrats Carlos and Joe on being home owners in NYC. Not an easy thing!!!
Especially, I thank you for providing a little bit of sanity in this crazy city.


The Gang after seeing the new house.
Pictured: Joey Khoury, Patrick O'Brien, Wade Foster, Paul Canaan, Karyn Mann, Joe Ceriello, Carlos Encinias.

No comments: