Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Harlem Reunion of Childhood besties

I had the loveliest of lovely lunches yesterday.
My dear childhood friend Amy came to visit me near my office in Harlem.
It has been close to eight years since we have last seen each other, but honestly, once we saw each other and started talking, it was like no time had passed at all.
There are no words for how much I adore this girl.

Our families were best friends for nearly my entire childhood and adolescence. Our families shared nearly every holiday meal for 15 years, her parents were my 'emergency contact' every year at school, I knew her house almost as well as I knew my own. The Bice family will always hold a very very special place in my heart.
Amy dear, thank you for being my friend. Thank you for being so extraordinary. Thank you for being so much like a sister (I think one main thing that bonds siblings is their mutual understanding of the parental dynamic). We have that.
BTW, I totally support the idea of a Mann/Bice reunion (Russ, Nancy, Amy, Molly, Nathan, Taylor, Chris, Barbara, Kymberly, Kyle... if you are reading this... let's make it happen!).

3 comments:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Ditto! Wish I could have been there! Or at least been a fly on the wall. But what can you do or drag a board? Right? I am totally in favor of a reunion. Great photo.

We'll just need to pull out "the marriage list" and brush up on our cheerleading skills.

Amy and Chad Larson Family said...

And can we please gather some organ music to dance to? And how come we don't get royalties for the Balderdash game--we invented it!

Jacob and Lisa Haeberle said...

I am so glad you guys had such a great time. Jake thinks so highly of both of you! Lisa