Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Big Birthday Blowout




I know a lot of people that are perfectly fine to let their birthday come and go with very little fanfare. Maybe a quiet dinner with a few close friends, or maybe they just treat themselves to a little shopping trip. I find this ridiculous.
Birthdays are meant to be celebrated- especially mine!
Past birthdays have ranged from spending my 21st Bday in the hospital having a kidney removed, to renting a double-decker red tour bus and cramming 80 of my closest friends on board for a three hour Manhattan tour (clearly, some years have been better than others).
I recently welcomed in 32 and had a ball doing it. Midnight drag show with friends the night before and a picnic in the park with my besties the night of. This year, the most well-planned celebration was the day after when Seth and Rodolfo planned a day of fun for me. Anatomy themed piƱatas, chocolate fondue lunch, photo shoot at Cloisters Park, a movie (poor choice- Nim’s Island), Mexican dinner, and Dave and Busters- I was very well taken care of and loved the time, effort, and attention given to my big day.
I have heard that the older you get, the less you will want to celebrate your birthday. I am now 32, and I have to say… this is SOOO not true! I hope I never get too old where I don’t look for an excuse to have a party- especially a party that centers around ME.

No comments: