Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Going Once. Going Twice. SOLD!


A few weeks ago the gang and I went to a fundraiser for the Gaynor School (private school on the UWS). In addition to having a great night out with friends, other highlights include live music provided by Bernadette Peters, amazing food, and, best of all... a live auction.
This was no ordinary auction. At one point, The Edge (from U2) got up and played the guitar, autographed it, and auctioned it off. You should know that I got caught up in the excitement and bid $14,000. Thank goodness someone outbid me- but I did get to experience the thrill of making a bid like that!
As a table, we were pretty stoked about the final item- an all inclusive private villa on the beach in the Dominican Republic (in house chef included). Thanks to Carlos's bidding skills and enthusiasm... WE GOT IT!!!
I will be vacationing with my friends over Memorial Day weekend at our private beach side villa being catered to by a gourmet chef. BRING IT!
(the above picture of Matty demonstrates my excitement over this upcoming vacay).






No comments: