Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Haul out the Holly!

I couldn't wait any longer. By noon on Thanksgiving day, Ashley, Jake, and I had decided it was time to go get our Christmas tree.
Getting a Christmas tree in NYC is a bit of a chore as we do not have the convenience of a car, so after selecting our 9 foot blue spruce on the corner of 110th and Broadway, we were forced to carry it the four blocks back to the apartment (and up four flights of stairs). Too bad I don't have those pictures to show you!
It was well worth it. In addition to eating, singing around the piano, and diagnosing our families mental disorders, we also spent Thanksgiving afternoon decorating our apartment.
Ashley's mom was in town and cooked an entire traditional Thanksgiving meal for us. During the course of the day, Eddy, Wade, Don, and Jacob joined in the fun.
If I can't be with my family for Thanksgiving, I certainly had the next best thing.

Jacob, me, Jake, and Don around the decorated tree.

Sitting around my apartment digesting dinner.

Rhona and Don untangling beads.

Jake, Me, Pearl, and Eddy before the decorating frenzy began.

Ashley getting creative with bows and branches. Well done Ash!

1 comment:

TnD said...

K, I love diagnosing my families, and others, MH disorders! I am so happy to find out that you do too. I know it is not a true science, so little objectivity, but wow there are some wackos in the genes.