Friday, April 24, 2009

The Best Kind of Group Therapy


The night before Paul and I set off on our 10 day adventure to Idaho/Utah/Vegas, our good friend from our BYU days came to NYC to visit. Sadly, Lee got into town Thursday night and we had to leave Friday morning.
Fortunately, plans worked out and we had an amazing time with him, and his delightful boyfriend Jason.
Prior to meeting up with Lee, Paul and I went and saw the new Broadway HIT musical "Next to Normal." It was amazing. Not your typical musical theater material- bipolar schizophrenic mom destroys herself and her family over time due to unresolved guilt and sorrow, etc... blah, blah, blah...
The music was spectacular, the cast was exquisite, and I was so happy for my friend Dontee who was part of the creative team.
Following a show about therapy, we then went to our favorite watering hole, Therapy, to meet up with Lee and other friends.
Thanks to spring break, the Thursday night happy hour event was back on!
Lee, it was so great to spend the evening catching up with you and meeting the amazing Jason. Next time, let's plan the visit better so we can spend more than a few hours together. Also, I resent not being your plus 1 now. Can you please try and arrange three tickets to all future shows. :)







1 comment:

The Lead Singer said...

That sounds like so much fun my head is going to explode! And all of you look so gorgeous.

Seriously though, you are spectacular and I really miss you and wish I would have spent more time with you in NY. You're fantastic in every way and have one of the biggest warmest hearts of anyone I've known.

Thank you for your friendship!