Friday, April 24, 2009

A Missed Indulgence


I have several vices... and even more weaknesses.
One powerful force I cannot ignore or overcome is the devilish craving I have towards Girl Scout Samoas cookies (now referred to as 'caramel deLights in some markets for PC reasons). Trust, there is nothing 'light' about these cookies. Ooohh... they are just AMEEEZING!
Fortunately, they are only available once a year, and even then, several years will sometimes pass without an opportunity to buy a box of these calorie packed cholesterol laden morsels of celestial bliss.
This past week when I was home in Idaho, my mom told me she had a box of for me(What... WHERE?!?!). Of course, I got distracted and ended up leaving town without them. I met up with my parents a week later in Vegas. Guess what... my amazing mom had brought the box of cookies with her (what a gem). Of course, in the car shuffle, opening night festivities, seeing Elton John, etc... I again forgot to grab the box of cookies.
I assume my every-other-year palate pleasers are now back in Idaho.
Just a reminder... MOM, IF YOU ARE READING THIS... my birthday is 12 days away and I CAN accept packages at work (I'm just saying...).

3 comments:

mandbrid said...

My favorite too! I'm pretty sure I remember SELLING Girl Scout cookies with you...I bought 4 boxes of Samoas this year - I'm glad I only have access to them once a year. I hope you get a happy cookie surprise for your B-day!

Liz Cellan said...

FYI--I love these too with all my heart. The other day at the grocery store I found a Western Family brand of cookies that are EXACTLY the same as Samoas. The only problem I have to worry about all the delicious calories more than once a year!!!

Emilee said...

I have yet to say no to those delicious cookies.