Saturday, October 17, 2009

Big Girls Don't Cry


First of all, let me say... I think crying is a good thing. It's an emotional release, it shows you care about something, and it feels like you are giving your eyeballs a good shower. However, I HATE crying in public. Furthermore, I have been cursed with a condition (yet to be diagnosed) at crying at totally innappropriate moments.
I don't usually cry when I am sad. I don't usually cry when I am hurt. The two things that will inevitable move me to tears are (in order):
1) Anger
2) Extreme kindness (either towards myself, or just hearing about someone else).

This week I had two cries (no, I am not a mess, it was just one of those weeks).

The first was work related and I have a strict rule about keeping work talk to a minimun in cyberland (but trust me... it gets ugly).

The second was in reaction to an extremely generous offer by my cousin Jared- one of the most remarkable men I have ever known.

Now all I need is a poorly written hallmark movie of the week (which I admit is the third thing guaranteed to make me bawl).

3 comments:

mandbrid said...

Me too! Augh. It's annoying. I hate that I cry when I'm angry...it totally takes the fire out of me. This was a cute post! Made me smile. Thanks!

Brittney said...

At least you were able to have a good cry as well to balance out the bad. I hope things get better at your work. It's so hard to work in a difficult environment.

The Lead Singer said...

Cry and then cry some more. But while your crying remember that I love you.

I'm not worried about you - I know you laugh far more heartily than the average human. Keep the laughter to the usual Karyn level and you'll be fine :)