Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Becoming more Self-Aware


So, most of the time I am pretty docile. I like to chill at home, hang with friends, generally roll with the punches. Sure I get impatient and frustrated at times... we all do. However, I am becoming more aware of my inability to back down when I feel like I am being attacked. Unfortunately, my instinct is to fight back and not hesitate to hit below the belt. Recently, this has back-fired and I may have hurt some feelings along the way. All I can say is I am sorry- I am trying to think before I speak, but if people would just GET OFF MY BACK AND ACT LIKE NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS WE WOULD NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM!!!
Also, if everyone around me could never make mistakes, read my mind, and overlook my many many imperfections, I think we would all get along perfectly.
Am I being irrational? :)

4 comments:

Marc said...

What the !?!?! My sister wife has a blog?!? How happy was I to stumble upon this gem tonight in the middle of my blog-stalking?? Sorry for the excessive punctuation, it is just that I'm so dang excited. Lady, it has been too long. I miss you!

Kaedi said...

Oops! I'm not Marc -- this is Kaedi.

Anonymous said...

I guess it comes with age. The more you know yourself and accept it, the more you don't care what other people think.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karyrn! Great to see you have a blog and are still lovin' life in NYC. Hope you're having a great summer and enjoying all the 100% juice pops and frozen grapes you can get your hands on!