Monday, June 16, 2008

Grief and Memory Lane






A dear dear frient of mine recently endured what must be the most horrible experience a parent can face- losing her two year old daughter. Molly and I grew up together and while I still consider her a close friend, years and distance have made it impossible to see much of each other anymore.
Over the past three weeks, since I first heard of little Lucy's death, I have been thinking of Molly and her family every day. Thinking not only of Molly, but of all my friends and experiences from those magical Toeshime days. This tragedy has generated the gathering of so many people that I had lost contact with, and an overflowing of memories and love for the time I spent with the old gang back at college.
This post is a tribute to Molly NNNOOOoooo McButter Bice Jackson- one of the most loved and adored gals I know.
My dear Molly, please know that I love you and think about you every day. Know that your strength amazes me, the love you have shown lifts me, and your faith inspires me. If you stumble across this post, I hope you enjoy some of these pics from the old (old old) days.

1 comment:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Thanks, Karyn. I just stumbled upon this. You truly are like a sister to me...despite the Mann/Bice disputes. Can't wait to see you again.