Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back to my Roots



This past week I was back in the West. If you have ever been in NYC in August, you know how magnificent if is to get out. The tourists, the smells, the humidity... I find myself craving a dry, calm, beautiful place. I got it.
After Kyle's wedding, I went to St. George Utah where my best friend Carlos was choreographing the musical "Big River" at Tuacahn Theater. We spent a couple days in St. George, and then headed up to SLC to visit friends and go to Carly's wedding.
We stayed with the lovely Melanie (and Lester) Muranaka who were generous enough to let us drive around their Lotus convertible. There is nothing like driving up Provo Canyon in a two seater convertible!
We spend a day at Sundance- without question one of my favorite places in the world. I worked at Sundance both summers I was at BYU and will never forget the daily drives up the canyon- the air, the stars, the scenery... I was reminded how much this mountain feels like home.
Not only was it great to be back in Utah, but to be there with Carlos made it even more memorable. The first time I met Carlos was at Sundance, and now... 10 years later... he is still one of my best friends.


On the chairlift at Sundance.


Top of the mountain.


In front of Melanie's house in our dream car.


FIERCE!

No comments: