Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Something Good has Gone.



A year ago we had a turn-over in my apartment. My two former roommates moved out, and I had to begin the search for new roommates. Fortunately, my good friend Jake was moving to NYC from LA, so that took care of one room. Unfortunately, after searching for a friend (or friend of a friend) who needed an apartment, Jake and I were forced to resort to Craigslist for a roomie. Now, in any other city, I would have my own apartment (or a house), but things are different in NYC.
Anyway, I was sure I would have to sort through a list of crazies until I found someone who was barely decent. Never did I allow myself to dream that I might just find the most perfect person/roommate/friend to live with.
After some emailing, a few phone calls, and one meeting, it was determined that Chris would be our new roommmate. From the first interaction I knew he would be great.
Not only was he a wonderful roommate, but over the course of the past year, has become one of my best friends. I love this man. I adore his friends. I respect his loyalty. I admire his taste and talents. I envy his tan.
Like all good things, this too came to an end- much sooner than either of us anticipated. Chris was offered a great job opportunity touring with the Bway show "Spring Awakening." Of course, I was (am) excited for him, but it killed me to say goodbye to him.
Chris, this post is a dedication to you. Thank you for making 2007-2008 so amazing.
Come back home soon! 969 will always be extraordinary, but it is not the same without you.


House Warming Party.


New Years Eve 2007/8.


The besties partying it up on a cold NYC night.


Going away party for Chris at Therapy.

No comments: