Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Season for Weddings

They say that things usually happen in three's.
In the past month I have been to three weddings of some of my favorite people in the world.
First, Carlos and Joe got married in Costa Rica.
Second, my brother Kyle married Sarah.
Finally, one of my best girlfriends from College (as well as NYC) got married in SLC on 8/16/08. This marriage was especially meaningful as I take 100% of the credit for matching Carly and Neil up.
About 18 months ago I introduced the gorgeous and talented Carly Jeanne Lewis to Neil White, a friend of mine in NYC. Following their brief meeting, Neil took my cell phone and began texting Carly (as if he were me) asking what she thought of him. He called her soon after.
Throughout their dating and engagement, I got to watch and hear both sides of the relationship. Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE being in the middle of anything, so this was kind of my fantasy come true!
In fact, exactly one year prior to the marriage, Carly and I were in Hawaii gossiping about Neil and where the relationship was going (good places, apparently).
Miss Carly Jeanne, I love and adore you. We have been friends for a decade now and you have been one of the constants in my life. I value your friendship and your loyalty and cannot wait to gossip about the honeymoon over Crepes. LOVE YOU GIRL!
Neil, I think you are wonderful, kind, funny, thoughtful, wise, and now... the luckiest man in the world. You deserve each other. :)

In addition to celebrating Carly and Neil, I also got to see some old friends from college. Brooke, Alena, Molly, etc... I love and miss my girlfriends!

Carly and I in Hawaii- August 2007


Me and Miss Carly Jeanne.


Me, Carly, and Neil.


College Girlfriends- Molly, Alena, Carly, Me.


Me and Miss Molly. LOVING the haircut!

No comments: