Tuesday, August 19, 2008

One is Silver, the Other Gold

One of the many great things about living in NYC is that it is a magnet for visitors.
This means old friends come to visit, and new people are constantly streaming in.
While I admit, it is sometimes (not often) a pain to play host, it is awesome to be able to live in a city where old friends will come on vacation. It is also fun to meet new people.
A few weeks ago I was able to have these experiences back to back.

I finally met the man, the legend... Gary Wright. I have heard of Gary from friends for years, and I have to say- he met AND exceeded expectation. From the first night we hung out, I knew this was someone I hoped to see more often.
How I love a Southern Man!

Wade, Gary, and me in NYC.


The next night, my old college friend Dave Kimball came to visit. Our contact has been sporatic over the years, but I love that we were able to catch up and rekindle our friendship. Dave, I hope it is not another 5 years until I see you again.


Paul, Me, and Dave in NYC outside Xanadu.

No comments: