Monday, October 6, 2008

2 shows, 5 states, 48 Hours


This weekend Paul, Wade, Joe, and I made a quick run to DC.
We have several friends doing a show at the Kennedy Center, as well as our bestie Carlos working in DC for 5 weeks setting a new production of Altar Boyz.
Friday night we went to "Broadway Through the Ages" at the Kennedy Center. My amazingly talented friend Jim Moore was the musical director. He looked stunning in his tux on stage conducting the orchestra!


Saturday night we went and saw Altar Boyz. We were all so proud of Carlos and his success. Now that the show is set and running, Carlos will be rejoining us back in NYC. THANK GOODNESS! I have missed my boy.
Other DC highlights include walking around Dupont Circle, brunch with Jonathan and friends, The Holocaust Museum, countless hours of laughing, planning our 'gay agenda,' and crying while lookig at Carlos and Joe's wedding pictures.

We had a surprise at the Museum of Natural History when we ran into old college friends (and Paul's college roommate) Jay and Marilee Spencer. They live in DC with their 3 cute boys. It was quite a reunion as some of us have not seen each other since graduation nearly 10 years ago!!!

1 comment:

mandbrid said...

Hi again Karyn...did I tell you my husband is from NY? Born and raised in the Bronx. I've only been there once - don't know when we'll go again. I just can't imagine how to handle 5 kids on the train...
We know Chris Peterson from our last ward in Nampa. He and his wife are great people.
We just moved back to Boise last month.
How is your family??