Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year Darlings!


It's 2009. Big whoop.
There is always so much hype around New Years Eve.
As long as I am not standing in Times Square surrounded by strangers in the freezing cold, I am fine.
Give me an intimate dinner, a party with friends, and fancy eye-wear, and I am happy.
Most important, I just want to be surrounded by people I love.
We had a great dinner at Park Winter Restaurant (thanks again to the extraordinary Gary Wright), and then headed over to Jerry Mitchell's party. Jerry has an apartment with a huge balcony that overlooks time square and the apple dropping extravaganza... but without the crowds. Perfect.




4 comments:

TnD said...

Happy New Year Karyn. I missed being in the city (not Times Square) this year and just hearing all the noise and chaos. Love that place.

CLARK JOHNSEN said...

"Give me a quiet night.. a stack of books, a tuna melt on rye.." A line in your entry reminded me of that song. I miss you! Can we hang out?

CLARK JOHNSEN said...

By the way you look GORGEOUS in these photos. I really love your hair

Melissa said...

It was fun to read your blog. You have quite the life. It's like a tv show, cracked me up. Way more exciting than mine. I have always wanted to visit NYC. That is fun that you live there. It is also fun to see you all grown up. and that you survived growing up in Rexburg. You look so beautiful and happy. I am happy for you. Melissa Jacques Hunt