Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Another NOBU Experience... Thanks Wade, for ruining it for us all.


Thanks to our friend Joe, we have been able to celebrate some special events at Nobu-an excellent restaurant I would not be able to afford on my social worker/student salary.
Nobu is where we decided to celebrate our annual 'Friends Valentines Dinner,' as well as Carlos and Joey's birthdays.
Joe F, Paul, Patrick, Carlos, Joe C, Robyn, Joey, and I all got together for dinner. Sadly, right before the meal, we got a call from Wade saying he had cut off his pinky toe on the corner of a floor mirror (WHAT?!?!) and had to go to the ER.
We enjoyed our meal, but it wasn't the same without our Wade.
Following the meal, me, Paul, Patrick, and Joe cabbed it up to Washington Heights Columbia Hospital to check on our boy.
Oh, it was the most pitiful sight I had ever seen. Our Wade had been sitting there for over three hours on a plastic chair- foot wrapped in gauze and holding his toe in his hand (on ice wrapped in tin foil ).
He was miserable- but appeared much better after some we got him safely home and he enjoyed a dinner of leftover Nobu and a Snickers bar.
Wade, stop limping around already and just suck it up! You have 9 other toes for Pete's sake!!!

1 comment:

TnD said...

I have always wanted to try out this restaurant. Thanks for living out my dreams :).