Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's all about ME!


So, for the past few weeks there has been a chain going around on Facebook to write a list of random facts about yourself. While I recognize that this is quite self-indulgent... isn't the entire idea of a blog kind of self-indulgent on its own?!?!
Those of you who know me well will certainly recognize most of the following random facts about me. Please feel free to respond with your own random facts about yourself.

1) I have 14,705 songs on my ipod. I listen to the same 500 or so.
2)After living in the same house for 25 years, my parents moved this last year. I though I would miss the old house… but I totally don’t.
3) I used to fantasize about winning an Oscar just so I could publicly call out a girl who was mean to me in elementary school. The fantasy lasted about ten years.
4)That ‘mean girl’ is now my friend.
5)I barely have any upper lip.
6)I once won a New Years Eve contest for who could kiss the most people at midnight.
7) I have loved many, and been loved by many… but I have never been in love.
8) I LOVE being single.
9) I have been to every US state except for Alaska.
10) In 2004 I took my first international trip (Spain). Since then I have been to Italy(x3), France (x2), England (x2), Croatia, Turkey, Greece, Aruba, Virgin Islands, Venezuela, Bahamas and Costa Rica.
11) I often speak in hyperbole and am prone to exaggeration (as my friends often tell me).
12) I don’t leave the house without keys, wallet… and my camera.
13)I am wildly in love with my niece and nephews, but after about an hour… I need a nap!
14)July 14th 2008 was one of the best days of my life.
15)I love giving (and getting) gifts. Gifts are my love language. I get this from my dad.
16) I am very particular about touch.
17) I met my best friend 1st day of Freshman year at college. He is still my bestie (15 years later).
18) I am a city girl, but very proud of my Idaho roots.
19) I only watch TV shows that are available online. No cable.
20) I have a HUGE crush on Tom Cavanaugh.
21) I have been on 5 cross country road trips.
22) Hard work is WAY sexier than a sense of humor.
23)I think my greatest flaw is my lack of patience.
24)I am turning into my parents.
25)I have enormous love and respect for both my parents.
26)I barely spoke to my sister (except to fight) from the age of 12-20. She is now one of my best friends.
27)I have an amazing group of friends- they are my besties/NY Family.
28) My favorite snacks are popsicles, cinnamon bears, dried mangoes, and black licorice.
29) I don’t care for pastries at all.
30)I prefer stale chewy candy to fresh soft candy. I will often buy a bag of licorice or gummy bears, open the bag, and tuck it away and forget about it. When I find it (months later) the candy is hard and stale. Perfect.
31) I could eat Indian food or sushi every day.
32)I worked as a waitress through college.
33) My high school car only got AM radio. I still love classic oldies music (1920-1930s).
34) I once found an unconscious man lying in blood in a snow bank on the side of a country road.
35)My biggest regret is not going to law school directly after undergrad.
36)I love history, but have a horrible memory for dates, details, and facts.
37)I love the 4th of July.
38)If I could have any super power, it would be to speak every language fluently.
39)I am NOT a procrastinator and I hate being late.
40)I only have one kidney.
41)In college, I was voted most likely to start my own religion.
42)I am a horrible loser, but not an obnoxious winner.
43)I am easily offended, but it seldom lasts more than 30 seconds.
44)If I eat apples, pears, nectarines, peaches, cherries, carrots, or celery, my mouth, tongue, and throat start to itch and swell. It SUCKS!
45)I prefer a night in with friends to a night out with friends.
46)I only lived in Salt Lake City for one year. However, whenever I fly into the SLC airport, I always feel like I am home.

6 comments:

Macy said...

That was great. I love your list. I need to get around to writing my own at some point, I guess...

TnD said...

I usually hate these, but I must admit I loved yours and did find several surprises.

Jim said...

Karyn,

Hi, it's me, the arch-conservative bad guy who taught History at Madison High until I was thrown out in 2004. I have been following blogs in search of a particular student and somehow it connected me with Molly who had a comment from YOU! This led me to say to myself, "Self, I'll bet that's the dear old Karyn Mann from the Fourth Ward, the same sweet kid who gave me a tie with dead President's faces on it."

Let me congratulate you on #24 in your list here. You couldn't become anyone better. Your folks took care of me when my wife was dying in '91 and '92. They took care of our whole family for a long time thereafter. I love them and I think turning into them will be a blessing for you everyone around you.

Please let me know how your folks, your brother (whom I ran into a couple of years ago as he worked at a Boise gas station!) and any of your friends who also suffered through my classes, are doing these days. Autumn turned 31 last month. Joseph is 32 like you. He and Mary are expecting #6 (Yes, SIX) in April.

Bless you, dear.

Jim Haeberle
CLhubbuck, Idaho

CLARK JOHNSEN said...

I had the funniest experience reading this list.. I read it all in my mind in YOUR voice! I heard your voice saying everything on the list, which made reading all the more entertaining because I kind of feel like I just talked to you and learned a lot of fun things about your life. AND even better, I am GOING to get to talk to you in a few weeks!!

Unknown said...

You only have one kidney? No way! I bet you gave the other to someone special because you are so thoughtful with your organs that duplicates of.

I like you even more after reading your list. You are good people.

Emilee said...

That was so fun to read. Thanks for sharing. By the way how is your sister? Our families should have some type of reunion.