Saturday, February 14, 2009

Shout out to the Birthday Girl- JANTRA!


My previous job was working as a prevention case manager in Queens (working with families whose children were at risk of going into foster care- trying to prevent this from happening and keeping the families together).
The job was far from ideal, but two great things that came out of this job, were the friendships formed with Heather and Jantra.
The three of us left the agency around the same time- Heather and I both taking jobs at Harlem United (working with individuals living with HIV/AIDS), and Jantra to get her Doctorate.
We still get together occassionally- not often enough, but with our busy school/work schedules, we take advantage of the rare opportunities when they come.
This month we celebrated Jantra's birthday (joined by our mutual friend John). Not only was it a great night out with friends I don't see often enough, but it was a good excuse to get out of my upper west side/midtown routine, and get down to the East Village.
Great night. Great company. Great memories.
Did I mention we also went to 16 Handles- my all time favorite frozen yogurt place!
Happy Birthday Miss Jantra! I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Better than Millhollow?