Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Fathers Day Dad!!! Happy Birthday Mom!!!


What a week worthy of a great celebration!
My extraordinary momma celebrated a birthday, and three days later Father's Day provided an excuse to praise and honor my spectacular dad.
I am so SO SOOO lucky to have the family and parents I have.
Mom and dad, you are both amazing. Thank you for giving me life, love, and providing 33 years of happiness.
Dad, thank you for teaching me how to tell a story, taking me to The Phantom of the Opera when I was 13 and developing my love for musical theater, and loving me even when I was awkward and bratty.
Mom, thanks for caring about the mundane details of my life, for buying lime juice bars when I come home, and never making me feel guilty for just being me.
Both of you, thank you for falling in love and being my family.
Remember when I was a teenager and you said "your friends may be the most important people in your life now, but just wait... one day your family will be your best friends."
You were totally right!!!

4 comments:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Just a LIIIITle bit jealous you went to the Indigo Girls concert. i would have LOOOOOOOOOved going with you and Paul.

Love you, Love your parents.

mandbrid said...

What a beautiful family picture! You're parents look like they haven't aged a bit...(well except for the grandchildren sitting on their laps!)

Melissa said...

What a cute family picture. Love it.

Emilee said...

I agree. You have spectacular parents. I miss living so close to them.