Sunday, June 21, 2009

One quiet night


The other night I was heading home after a lovely night with my lovely friends.
The weather was misty after a rainy day. Cool, but not cold, wet but not rainy.
The extraordinary thing was that it was Saturday night in Manhattan, but felt totally quiet and still. I did not see anyone else on the street, and traffic was barely existent.
It was one of those moments of reflection and I stopped and realized how lucky I am. I am healthy. I am surrounded by amazing friends. I have the most supportive family. I have a fully functional mind. I am able to work full time and attend graduate school. I have been blessed with countless experiences and opportunities. I get to live in the most spectacular city in the world.
I snapped this picture- not a great shot, but I feel it captured the moment.
I love this city!

1 comment:

Schmathy said...

Love moments like that. You described it so well. Love your gutts woman!