Saturday, June 13, 2009

This SHOUT OUT is worth doing twice


A few months ago (or last summer... whatever), I wrote about a new friend Gary Wright. I had heard about Gary for years, so when I finally met him, the expectation was very high. Although my friends had raved about Mr. Wright, they had not done him justice. He is extraordinary.
A few weeks ago I was having one of those nights when you just feel kind of lousy. One of those "I am not as pretty/smart/rich/funny/successful/thin/talented as everyone else I know."
Trust, I am generally very happy (even thrilled) with my life, it was just a bad day. I think it may have had to do with my bestie gang all being away in Birmingham together.
Out of the blue I get this text:
"Honey. You were such the subject, noun, and adjective of all our sentences in Birmingham this weekend. You are TREASURED! Missing you my dear! Know with complete certainty that you are phenomenal. We LOVE you. Pure and simple."
Oh Gary Wright... how did you know?!?!

Gary lives in 'Bama, but it is always a blast when he comes to the city to visit (and NOT just because we go to great restaurants).
Gary Wright... YOU are exquisite. I would know, it takes one to know one.
*** These pics are not the greatest, but they are from the lovely dinner we had together the last time GW was in town.


1 comment:

Carlos said...

OH, I LOVE Gary Wright!!! Where is he???