Sunday, June 21, 2009

Indigo Girls, Matt Nathanson, and Central Park... A Musical Trifecta



I thought that nothing could be better than last year's musical pairing of Joshua Radin and Ingrid Michaelson concert. I was wrong.
Last Tuesday I gladly missed class and spend the evening in Central Park where I heard the Indigo Girls work their magic (third time seeing them at Summer Stage).
I admit, I am a fan. A huge fan. A slightly obsessed fan. I have 214 Indigo Girls songs on my ipod. They are easily my most played music. They have been the soundtrack of my life for the past two decades. I thank Jake Haeberle for turning me on to their music freshman year of HS. I thank Paul for sharing my obsession since freshman year of college. I thank God for sending such brilliant musicians to create the perfect mood music- whether driving up the canyon, celebrating summer at the beach, or crying my eyes out after a miserable day... they have a song to fit the mood.
The addition of Matt Nathanson- a more recent (past two years) addition was the perfect complement to this folk duo.
The night was made even more perfect by being able to share it with two of my besties and fellow Indigo girls fans.
Dinner with Paul and Joey following the concert at Citrus (one of our favorite restaurants) only made the experience more memorable.




1 comment:

McK N Luke said...

Love Citrus. Love Indigo Girls. I wish I was there.