Saturday, July 25, 2009

Dinosaur BBQ and Lessons Learned the Hard Way


Last Friday after work I went out with a group of co-workers to the famous Dinosaur BBQ. The call of macaroni and cheese and fried green tomatoes was too great to refuse (not to mention the exceptional company).
The celebration was in honor of Javon's birthday, but really, this group does not need an excuse to gather after 5:00pm and nurse our frustrations with conversation and libations.



After dinner, I was feeling full and content and decided that since it was such a lovely summer night, I would walk a few blocks before jumping on the bus/in a cab/on the subway. As Dinosaur BBQ is right next to the Hudson River, I decided to take advantage of the bike bath that runs along the river. I entered at 131st and planned to walk to 125th (it was dark and I was more concerned about safety than the distance). Unfortunately, I did not realize that once you get on the path, there is not an outlet until 96th Street!!! Once you start, the Henry Hudson Highway is on your left, and the Hudson River on your right.
Fortunately, it was a lovely night, and the view of the Jersey lights and the river made for a gorgeous view. Since I was wearing my work shoes, I ended up walking barefoot by the end (carefully avoiding dog poop and needles) but I did finally make it home.


No comments: