Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy Birthday America!


Those who know me well know that I LOVE the 4th of July. Besides Christmas, it is my all time hands down favorite holiday.
Family, parades, fireworks, summer, BBQs, watermelon... seriously, it's like all the best things in life on one day. The past 8 years or so I have not been feeling too patriotic, however, some of that USA pride is starting to return and only adds to the celebration.
The past two years I have been able to go home to Idaho for the 4th. Oh, I love it there so much! Due to work/school schedules this summer (as well as the 2.5 week vacation I have coming up in August) I was not able to get away. However, I had a spectacular time with my NYC family.
Joe had a great view of the firework show from his private roof deck. We had a BBQ, all the fixings, and Paul singing "God Bless America" in full soprano voice during the fireworks (I think he was trying to compete with Audra for the vocals).
Here's to another great holiday surrounded by the people I love. If only Avery, Wyatt, and Mitchell could have been there- that would have made it perfect.


Joey, Patrick, Robyn, me, and Paul enjoying the fireworks


Yes, that is Patrick with a watermelon and arugula salad with balsamic reduction.

No comments: