Friday, April 25, 2008

Did I forget to mention... ???


So, after putting it off for over a decade, my New Years goal for 2008 was to apply for graduate school. I have been mentally debating options over the years... MPA, law school, MSW... what to do. I think the reason it took so long to make a decision is an indication of my committment phobias that plague every other aspect of my life.
However, after choosing the OYR Masters of Social Work program at Hunter College in NYC, I put all my eggs in that basket- translation: I applied to no other school and no other program.
Realizing I might be giving myself too much credit and feeling anything but confident, I patiently waited for a response. It came in the form of an interview request. I went into the group interview feeling 80% confident I would get into the program, and left feeling 80% sure I would be rejected. I was not prepared for such a high caliber of competition!!!
The good news came about a week later.
I am going back to school!!!
New student orientation August 25-26, classes start the following week.
I will continue to work full time while being a full time student for the next 24 months.

Thanks to Carlos for planning a celebration dinner with the gang. A huge bouquet of pink balloons was the icing on the grad school cake!
See you all in 2011~

1 comment:

Macy said...

Me=proud of you. Congrats. Loving the blog. I'm a big fan of them.