Monday, April 14, 2008

New Things to Consider


So, yesterday I spent much of the afternoon shopping in Soho. I was looking for two things that I have been very eager about purchasing- things that I have been wanting to wear but unable to for most of my life due to my former dependence on spectacles... hats and sunglasses.
Our first stop wast the Young Designers Market. This is an indoor flea market where people WAY cooler than myself sell their homemade goods. T-shirts, jewelry, hats, etc...
Of course, I found a fantastic reversible well fitting hat- and of course, it was about $40 more than I would usually spend on headwear (my price is somewhere around $10).
I admit, my fear of authority (the cool designer selling the hats), peer pressure (Jen would get a discount on her purchase if I bought one as well) and my overwhelming response to praise (apparently I wear hats well), I laid down $50 smackers for a hat I will probably wear once.
To top it all off, as we left the market and walked around, I found nearly identical hats on every corner for $10.
AHHH!!! Talk about buyers remorse. However, I shook it off and didn't let that deter me from the next purchase. As we were nearing Chinatown I felt confident that sunglasses were going to be a cinch and I had learned my lesson about buying the first pair that looked good.
I am pleased to report our mission was successful.
Thanks to Seth's keen eye and bartering skills, I am now the owner of some lovely $6 Dulce & Gabbana pink sunglasses (really, they are TOTALLY NOT knock-offs).
LASIK has opened up a whole new world for me.
***Pictures to follow***

No comments: