Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Once a year, I am a Sports Fan.


I get bored watching baseball. I don't follow basketball. I never really understood football. Hockey is too violent. But Tennis... oh, tennis. Tennis I do love.
It is just a fortunate coincidence that my good friend Joe works for the US Open and every year is able to get us tickets to the matches. This year he got us tickets to the final game- yes, I saw Roger Federer break the world record by winning his 5th US Open in a row. History folks. It was of Olympic proportions.
The only thing better than being at the Men's Finals, is being there with besties Joe, Paul, and Patrick.
Following the game, we ended the evening with drinks at Luxia/Monte Blanc and youtube favorites at Paul's place. All in all, a great evening.


4 comments:

Brittney said...

Very exciting! It sounds like you have a really fun group of friends.

erin wilson said...

I was there (working in a suite)!!! It was a fab match as well. And since I'm 1/2 Swiss I am a total Federer fan :)

TnD said...

I love the Open and saw Federer last year. he is such an animal. Does he ever get tired, or hot, or pained. The boy can move. Kayrn you have a great life.

The Lead Singer said...

Um... I just realized you had a blog. I guess I know how I'm gonna be spending my Friday nights. I love you. Fill me in on school soon when you get the chance.