Sunday, May 31, 2009

Life Upon the Wicked Stage


My closest relatives live 2200 miles away. Naturally, I am very excited anytime family comes to town.
Two weeks ago my aunt and cousins came to town. It was so fun to spend the day hanging out with them and catching up on what is going on with the family out west.
In addition to lunch at Rockefeller Center, touring Ground Zero, Battery Park, and Soho shopping, the highlight of the day was seeing 'Wicked' with Tawnya, Madi, and Syndey. Being so close to the Broadway world, it is easy to take the opportunity to see great theater for granted. However, there is nothing like seeing a show like 'Wicked' with teenage girls to remind me of the magic of musical theater. I have some friends in the show and was able to arrange a backstage tour for us after the performance. My young cousins are big fans of the show and were able to meet all the leads backstage and get pictures and autographs, hang out in the Greenroom, walk on the stage and check out the backstage scenery and orchestra pit.
A HUGE thank-you to Paul and Ben for making me look very cool in front of my family. :)



No comments: