Thursday, May 14, 2009

One Year Older, Another Year Wiser


32 was a good year. It ended with a celebration surrounded by good friends (as so many of my NY nights are) on a rooftop patio. However, as I look back on this past year, I realize that in addition to the lovely 'normal' days I have had, I have also had some pretty rad adventures as well. Some of the special events of my 32nd year that helped break up the monotony of work/play/life include:
LASIK eye surgery.
Two trips to Florida (once in October to Disney world, again for winter break to Miami).
Two trips to Las Vegas (once in May 08 for Paul's birthday, once in April 09 for 'Peepshow' opening).
My best friends (Carlos and Joe's) wedding on the beach in Costa Rica (zip-lining, river rafting, hiking, swimming, etc....).
My little brother Kyle's wedding in Boise, Idaho.
4th of July in Idaho with my family.
Celebrating the life of my Grandpa, Bill Henderson at his Memorial Service 7/5/08.
Carly Lewis White's wedding in SLC.
Sharing dinner with some new friends- Bill Clinton, Michael Buble, LeeAnn Womack, etc...
Spending a long weekend in Chicago and watching TWO tapings of the Oprah Winfrey Show.
Attending the final match of the US Open.
Long weekend in Montreal with Seth M.
Cirque du Soleil.
Weekend trips to Washington DC, Sleepy Hollow, and the Poconos.
Reaching the goal of (at the time) seeing every musical currently playing on Broadway.
Experiencing the campaign, election,and inauguration of President Barack Obama.
Completing my first year of grad school.

Paul, Wade, Karyn, Jacob at the Bday party

Roomies: Ashley, Karyn, and Jake

Ashley and Sagen at the Bday spread


What a view!

Christian, Patrick, Wade, Karyn (and Teddy).

Me and the lovely Jen Dahl.

HU Coworkers Heather and Cory. I love you guys!

Me and Paul L.



Seth showing me and Devin some love.


I freakin LOVE my friends!

9 comments:

The Lead Singer said...

I couldn't love you more, "Ms. Beautiful-In-Every-Way!"

Wish I could have been there to celebrate.

Macy said...

Hope you had the happiest of birthdays, love! What a year for you! May the next one be as magical

erin wilson said...

Happy Birthday!!! You couldn't live a more lovely life.

mandbrid said...

Happy Birthday Karyn!!! What a full and exciting year you have had...hope this one is just as great!

The Clark said...

thou shalt not covet. thou shalt not covet.

that's what i tell myself when i read about your life. so rad.

rock on rocker!

Jacob and Lisa Haeberle said...

I love your blog. It is fun to see what is happening in NYC. We loved seeing you in April. We promise to visit NY soon. We have been talking about when we could come. Maybe next summer! Check out our blog-we just started it. idahohaeberles.blogspot.com

Brittney said...

Holy cow...little Miss Globe Trotter! What an eventful year you had! Hope this one's as great as the last! Happy Birthday (or belated Birthday I guess)! :)

CLARK JOHNSEN said...

Karyn I love you so much. I think that the life you lead is so full and wonderful-- you have managed to surround yourself with the best of everything, and you deserve every bit of it. Thanks for posting these photos.. its SO fun to see. I love you.

Amy and Chad Larson Family said...

Better late than never? Happy Birthday to one of my favorite people. If you are one thing (but you are many--but just say it had to be one) YOU ARE LOVED. I'm happy to be one of the adoring throng. See you in August!