Thursday, May 21, 2009

Looking for a new roommate: Craigslist Killer need not apply


My very cool roommate Ashley is being deported to Canada. This SUCKS!
Not only am I losing a great roomie, but I have to go throught the hassle and mess of finding a new roomate. For the most part, I have had very good luck with roommates in NYC- I would hate to see a break in that trend.
I just posted the following ad on Craigslist (the source that gave me both former best ever roomies Chris and Ashley).
Here's hoping the trend continues...
Awesome bedroom in 3 bdr apt. (Upper West Side)
Awesome room in 3 bedroom apartment in a 4 floor walk up building available July 1.
If you are a no pets, non-smoker, responsible, clean, gay friendly, cool professional - this could be a great fit.
Two rooms are potentially available (I may switch rooms depending on what you are interested in).
The two potential rooms both have one exposed brick wall and two windows.
One room is very large with a large closet ($1300) and the other is smaller, but still a good size room ($1100).
The apartment is one block from Central Park, and close to both the B/C and 1 train. The M11 bus stop is in front of the building, and the M7 is one block away. We are also across the street from the best crepe restaurant in NYC. :)
About the roommates: One female social worker and one male who works for the NY City Ballet. We are both in our early 30’s, laid back, pleasant, and like our apartment to feel like home when we walk in. Of course, we would like to find someone who feels the same way.
If you are interested, please shoot me an email with a little about yourself. If this seems like a good fit, we can schedule a time for you to come see the place.
Take care!
Karyn~




4 comments:

mandbrid said...

Would my family of 7 fit in one room?!?! Your add looks great and if I were looking for a place in NYC I'd definitely be interested ... Good luck to you!

Berta said...

"ME, ME, ME, ME, pick ME! I've NEVER killed anyone in my whole life . . . . pick ME!"

Berta said...

P.S. WOW, super impressive apt.
PPS. THANKS for your SUPER-CUTE comment you left a week or so ago! I wuv you too! You're amazing.

TnD said...

Love your apartment and the price is right, when can Dave, Claire, Kennedy and I move in?