Monday, November 9, 2009

MIKA: My Current Favorite Music Maker (sorry Indigo Girls, you are still a close second)


Not too long ago I went to what is almost certainly the most amazing, captivating, enjoyable, unbelievable, and spectacular concert of my life. MIKA (the Beirut born, Paris raised, British pop sensation) performed at an old church/converted concert space in Washington Heights.
I have loved MIKA for a couple of years now, but I was unprepared for the caliber of live performance charisma and talent he delivers. Seriously, the man did not leave the stage, performed every song on both his albums, and danced and sang HIS FACE OFF!
If you ever get a chance to see/hear MIKA live, TAKE IT!
Thanks to Alicia and Pedro for the fabulous company and for making it all happen!



2 comments:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Stop the madness!! I had never heard of him and I just spent the last little while listening to him on itunes. He's a mix of George Michael and Erasure. Now all my dreams have come true. !

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

P.S. I don't see my new Good Grief blog button on here. We need to remedy that immeejitly