Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tiger Lillies- The Freakshow arrives in Brooklyn


The night after seeing MIKA (still giddy about how amazing that concert was), Seth and I decided to take advantage of being New Yorkers and headed out to Brooklyn for some avant-garde theater.
I was not familiar with the group Tiger Lillies prior to seeing the show. I knew they were clownish accordion playing theater type musicians. Sounded great to me!
I was not prepared for the show I was about to see! Known as the worlds most foremost oompah death band, I should have had my reservations. We left at intermission, but here are some of the uplifting lyrics to give you a taste of the show (don't forget, all songs were accompanied by an accordion).


(yodeling)

I thought I'd try suicide, I thought it might be a laugh.
I stuck my head in an oven but the oven wasn't gas.

(yodeling)

So then I thought I'll take some pills, I bought the wrong ones,
All i got was diarrhea and it ran and it ran and it ran.

Suicide, suicide, that's the one for me,
I want to be a legend so suicides for me.

(Yodeling)

No comments: